ABCD IN ACTION DVD: Asset Based Community Development : ABCD in Action profiles five diverse groups who have utilized the principles of ABCD to create partnerships with those they serve and in effect, rejuvenate and revitalize their organizations.
Included are profiles from:
• Neighborhood associations in Savannah, Georgia
• Beyond Welfare, an organization supporting people in poverty in Ames, Iowa
• The Archdiocese of Upper Michigan in Marquette, Michigan
• Lakes Region Community Services Council, supporting people with disabilities in New Hampshire
• Neighborhood Housing Services, an organization providing affordable housing opportunities in Asheville, North Carolina.
Plus extensive interviews and commentaries by Mike Green, Henry Moore and John McKnight
Developed in response to the question “I love ABCD (Asset Based Community Development); “What do I do Monday Morning?”–and based on Mike Green & Henry Moore’s highly regarded work as ABCD organizers, consultants and trainers–-these materials support a practical approach to creating community collaborations that work. Enriching each other, the book and the DVD provide clear exposition of ABCD organizing principles and best practices, examples of ABCD organizing in action, learning exercises, worksheets, and reflections from experienced practitioners of ABCD organizing.
Main topics include: ABCD Principles & Practice • Discovering What People Care About • Mobilizing A Community’s Assets • People & Programs: We Need Both • Leading By Stepping Back: The Role Of Governments & Agencies • Inclusion: There Is No One We Do Not Need • John McKnight’s Reflections On ABCD organizing. Lessons from Ashville NC; Marquette, MI; Laconia, NH; Savannah, GA; Ames, IO.
There are no reviews yet.