From 1993, Scottish Human Services developed and delivered remarkable training, evaluation and materials in support of inclusion. They took many of the ‘inclusion team’ learnings, adapted them to Scotland, and presented them in remarkable training events, consultations, and training packages. The founders of SHS were Pete Richie and Heather Anderson – along with a menage of talented and committed people. They ‘delivered the goods’ for over a decade.
Heather and Pete are now fully engaged in local Scottish politics and organic farming at Whitmuir Farms near the borders in Scotland. Their values have not changed – just the venues of delivery. On a recent visit, we inquired about the ‘location’ of the collected materials and wisdom gathered by the SHS teams over the decade. They produced boxes and discs – and a treasure trove of materials which are as beautiful and fresh as the day they were produced. Their attitude – if they are useful – we hope someone will use them. And so, a huge collection of remarkable training wisdom, honed in Scotland, founded on inclusive values – and now available once again. Dig deep. Enjoy.
SHS: Inclusion is a social change, not a service reform; ultimately, it is communities, not just individuals who benefit from inclusion. At SHS Trust we believe that becoming a more inclusive society requires big changes in the way our communities and social institutions work and that means we all need help to change our thinking and to develop new ways of working.
SHS BOOKS – free downloads
SHS – Annual Reports and Newsletters
- SHS Annual Report 1994
- SHS Annual Report 1995
- SHS Annual Report 2006
- SHS.Equity Group News.April.2000
- SHS.Equity Group.news.may 2001
- SHS.Partners in Change.newsletter.2001.
- SHS.news issue.March 2001
- SHS STATISTICS
SHS – Background Training Materials
- SHS.BACKGROUND Materials pack.2002
- SHS.Background Materials.2005
- SHS.Background Materials pack.SHS Trust
- SHS.Background Materials.Participant kit
- SHS.Background.Training Materials.Person Centred Planning
- SHS.Background Materials.extras.2005.Person Centred Planning
SHS – Courses and Projects
- SHS.Inspired working.handouts
- SHS.Inspired Working.participant pack
- SHS.Deliberate Diversity Project
- SHS.Familty Futures.2 day course.2001.
- SHS.general training
- SHS.general trainingSHS.CAR Gomm Mentoring for Managers.2004
- SHS.Selected Couse Brochures
- SHS.Seven Hills of Change.Collection
- SHS. Notes on the Seven Hills of Change 1999