My Life, My Choice is a DVD (now on line) with stories of 7 adults who live as participating citizens in their community with support – because they have complex disability issues. The stories were recorded in Windsor, Ontario. Windsor Essex Brokerage for Personal Supports (WEBPS) provides the support framework for their individuals and their families to live full lives. Each story is 10-12 minutes and features one person’s story – along with their families. To order click here.
- https://inclusion.com/product/my-life-my-choice-dvd/My Life, My Choice: An Introduction – An introduction to the seven stories on the DVD – and an interview with Richard Ruston – President of People First of Ontario
- My Life, My Choice: The Role of Independent Facilitation: Michelle Friesen & Marlyn Shervill Michelle Friesen & Marlyn Shervill talk about the meaninhttps://inclusion.com/product/my-life-my-choice-dvd/g and capacity of Independent Facilitation; how it works; who it is for. Decades of deep experience reveal deep wisdom. Marlyn is the Director of Windsor Essex Brockerage for Personal Supports – which has been the infrastructure to create a wide range of remarkable tailored support systems. Michelle is Lisa’s mother – but also leads Windsor Essex Family Network which mobilizes and supports families locally – and in province wide policy work.
- My Life My Choice: Neil Monehan’s Story – This video features Neil and his family – as they face the challenge of Neil ‘living independently’. See the fears, the challenges and the delights…
- My Life My Choice: Peter Zichi’s Story – An inspirational story of a full life in the community – Windsor, Ontario. With flexible funding and the support of independent planning, Peter is free to follow his own heart and create the life he chooses.
- My Life, My Choice: Issac’s Story – This story is about Issac. His mother tells a powerful story about their struggle – their decision to live – and the engaging life they both now live.
- My Life, My Choice: Melissa’s Story – This story is about Melissa – and the challenge of finding a role in the community and a place to live. A Job in a pet store – and a creative housing invention in a new suite/new house with her brother and sister in law – unimagined solutions that work!
- My Life, My Choice: Lisa’s Story – This story is about Lisa Friesen..A systems response to Lisa’s life would have been an institution. Not for the Friesens. See a full life emerge that honours Lisa’s capacity to enjoy life – and recruit networks with her engaging smile. Not easy – but worth it!!
- My Life, My Choice: Dave Oulette – This story is about Dave Oulette – businessman, home owner, citizen… Dave’s family would barely imagine him living on his own – but Dave insisted. He directs his business, interviews his support workers, is a man about town. The 100% alternative was a nursing home. Not with the Oulettes
- My Life, My Choice: Amanda’s Anniversary – This story is about Amanda Porter and her family. Amanda lives in an ‘attached apartment’ to her family home. It was an ‘invented’ solution to complex support issues that has improved (and protected) Ananda to live full and engaging life.