Websites, Articles & Resources
- 4Rs – UNITY IN DIVERSITY. Connecting young change makers across the country in respect, reciprocity, reconciliation, and relevance.
- Aboriginal Centre – Winnipeg – Welcome to the future – The OLD Canadian Pacific Railway station is now a new city centre in Winnipeg – rebuilt, owned, operated and thriving. A taste of a positive Aboriginal future in the making.
- Designs by Douglas Cardinal – architect…. see award winning village design in Northern Quebec
- Gesturing Towards DeColonial Futures Brilliant and challenging wisdom by international indigenous researchers – including instructions on how to be an ally. Excellent book downloads including Towards Braiding series: Towards Braiding [book pdf and handouts
- Innu Nation – a great resource and introduction to Northern issues..
- National Association of Friendship Centres This grassroots network is doing the hard and powerful work of building and rebuilding communities… others talk about it, NAFC does it…
- Native Web
- Nunatsiaq News – Read a real Northern Newspaper – from Nunavut
- Truth & Reconciliation Commission – core research on the history and future of all Canadians – beginning conversations about genuine collaboration between the Indigenous founding nations and colonial immigrants (us) in Canada.
- The Australian Dream – a remarkable snapshot history of the devastation – and resilience of aboriginal peoples in Australia
- HIP Honouring-Indigenous-Peoples-Annotated-Full-Bibliography-Nov-2014 – extensive indigenous biography –
- To-dream-together-Indigenous-peoples-and-human-rights-dialogue-report – Ontario Human Rights Report on Indigenous Rigths – 2018
- Resources-for-continuing-reconciliation-dialogue-and-learning. -excellent indigenous biography – prepared by 4R’s – Jessica Bolduc
- Corbett-It’s-time-media-told-real-story-of-murdered-Indigenous-women-Ottawa-Citizen – Reactions to the MMIWG Report
- What-the-debate-around-Indigenous-genocide-says-about-Canada-Macleans – Reactions to the MMIWG Report –
- Opinion-An-idea-read-the-report-on-Indigenous-women’s-lives-before-dismissing-it-The-Globe-and-M – Reactions to the MMIWG Report
- Whose Land is it Anyway: A Manual for Decolonization, published by the Federation of Post-Secondary Educators in B.C.
RECLAIMING POWER AND PLACE – Missing & Murdered Indigenous Women & Girls Report