What is Inclusion?
PERSON CENTERED PLANNING
THROUGH MAPS AND PATH
Bringing Forth the GIFTS - A Two Day Event
This course introduces people to basic values of inclusion, and teaches two of the Person Centered Planning tools - MAPS and PATH. This is 'hands on' learning. With a foundation of values, new and more experienced facilitators will spend a substantial portion of the two days practicing the tools on each other, before putting the future of other people in their hands.
Participants will not be 'MAPS or PATH' masters, but rather, emerge with a basic framiliarity so they can 'practice, practice, practice' and develop their own skill set.
The Graphic Facilitation day is a pre-requisite for the MAPS and PATH workshop if you are not familiar with graphic facilitation.
Conductors: Jack Pearpoint and John O'Brien
- People who will be using person centered planning
approaches with people and organizations.
- People concerned about planning to give people a life, and are willing to step out of the box in order to make that happen.
- People who are willing to invest time and effort in building relationships for people who are relegated to isolation,
or organizations that are imploding with
miscommunication and lack of clear vision!
(Other team members may be utilized on occasion)
The days will include:
This course can accommodate medium size groups if appropriate space is available.
- Person Centered Planning foundations
- An Introduction to PATH
- An Introduction to MAPS
- Opportunities to observe and participate as a graphic recorder,
a process facilitator, a listener, a creative resource source, and more...
- Handouts include the PATH book and other support materials
Paper, pens and other supplies must be ordered well in advance.
For bookings, contact:
Managing Director, Inclusion Press/Network
47 Indian Trail, Toronto, ON. M6R 1Z8 Canada
tel: 416-658-5363 fax: 416-658-5067